Re: Feedback Required on CSS 2.1 & CSS 3.0 Issues in Indian Languages

Hi John,

On 11/07/13 09:12, John Hudson wrote:
> On 10/07/13 3:08 PM, Andrew Cunningham wrote:

> I was wondering if there might be language-specific variation within the
> common script rules. Can you give an example of the Burmese vs S'gaw
> Karen codepoint to orthographic syllable mapping? If there are such
> issues, then they may be concerns for more than just selectors. OpenType
> provides for language-specific shaping behaviour, but typically
> downstream from syllable identification.

At the moment I'm slowly gathering information on various aspects of web
typography and typesetting with Myanmar script, including how it should
work, and existing workarounds ... I'll be in Myanmar in November and
hope to progress it much further by then.

But will compile some information on S'gaw versus Burmese syllables over
next couple of days.

Andrew

--
Andrew Cunningham
Project Manager, Research and Development (Social and Digital Inclusion)

Ph: +61-3-8664-7430
Mobile: 0459-806-589
Fax: +61-3-9639-2175

Email: acunningham@slv.vic.gov.au