Re: Please review: Strings and bidi

From: Tomer Mahlin <TOMERM@il.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 17:02:39 +0300
To: r12a <ishida@w3.org>
Cc: public-i18n-arabic@w3.org, "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>, public-i18n-hebrew@w3.org
Seems like article must be opened in FF only. In Chrome we don't see any
book content :-)

Best Regards,

Tomer Mahlin
Bidi Champion, Globalization Manager, GCoC
Bidi Development Lab

Phone: +972-2-6491784 | Mobile: +972-54-3368122 E-mail: tomerm@il.ibm.com

IBM R&D Labs
Malcha Technology Park
Jerusalem 96951
 Israel

From:   r12a <ishida@w3.org>
To:     "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>,
public-i18n-arabic@w3.org, public-i18n-hebrew@w3.org
Date:   07/31/2017 04:50 PM
Subject:        Re: Please review: Strings and bidi

On 31/07/2017 14:49, r12a wrote:
> Could you please take a quick look at this proposed new article.
>
> To help with discussions about the problems of handling strings in bidi
> environments i put together an illustration of the major problems,
> hoping it will be fairly accessible to people who know little about the
> bidi algorithm, etc.
>
> I'd like to show this to the W3C TAG quite soon, since they asked for
> something like it.
>
> By way of an internal review, could you let me know quickly if there are

> any egregious issues that need to be addressed?
>
> thanks,
> ri

it would help if i pointed to the article (doh!)

http://w3c.github.io/i18n-drafts/articles/strings-and-bidi/index.en

ri

picture
(image/gif attachment: 01-part)