RE: New version of quick tips page

This is standard stuff for WAI purposes.

> language/script.</p></div>

This last para should actually be dropped from this doc, since not relevant. Done.

> 2) There seems to be a strange construct where links refer to
> themselves for the quick tips:
>
> e.g.   <a href="#encoding" name="encoding" id="encoding">Encoding</a>

This is standard throughout most of our articles.  It was requested by Bjoern Hoermann.  It allows you to bring the current section heading to the top of the page.  And incidentally (though part of the plan) that makes it very easy to pick up a URI pointing to that section from the address bar.

RI

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead
W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)