RE: Progress on escapes FAQ

Hi Bjoern,

Actually the charmod conformance criterion is aimed at people developing
specs, rather than content developers who are the target of the FAQ, and
aims to ensure that a hex representation is available for use by authors.

See, however: http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/REC-charmod-20050215/#C048

"C048  [I]  [C]  Content SHOULD use the hexadecimal form of character
escapes rather than the decimal form when there are both.

"NOTE: The hexadecimal form is preferred because character encoding
standards (in particular Unicode) usually list character numbers as
hexadecimal, making lookup easier."

Which is close to what I wrote.

RI

Richard Ishida