faq dispatching a myth (or myths) about unicode

(I changed the subject)

html is often sent by mail. Misinformation about unicode is harmful to people
considering unicode for their web pages and undermines our credibility, since
we are proponents of using unicode everywhere on the web.

I wasn't trying to address viruses, just the misinformation that it spread.
However, that said, web pages certainly carry related security risks, if not
viruses.
Weren't there concerns with anchors being used to run exes? maybe also pngs
being executable.
(Hard to remember if those were myths or true, which I guess underscores my
point! ;-) )

Although, one might think the reason unicode was in a binary was due to a 7-bit
limitation of mail, most people would think the limitation was that mail wasn't
capable of transmitting 16-bit unicode.
The interpretations of the message I am concerned with, should be through the
eyes of a non-expert.
The experts dismissed the mail as probably false, quickly.

It seems providing more understanding about unicode (not viruses or email) is
something geo covers. But it is just a suggestion so if there are no takers,
its ok.

tex