Re: Authoring Techniques Document

Richard Ishida wrote:

> I just implemented this for the following pages:
> http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-when-lang-neg.fr
> http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-when-lang-neg.en
>
> I see that in Firebird at the bottom of my screen it now says "More".
> Clicking on that pops up "Other versions >", and clicking on that pops up
> "French: Version française" or "English: English version" (depending on
> which file) and clicking on *that* takes you to the other page.
>
> The "English:" or "French:" text is generated from the hreflang information.
> The rest comes from the title attribute of the link element.

Just did a quick test as well, an interesting aspect is that if Firefox "knows" the language code it will insert the name of the language. If it doesn't recognise the language code, it inserts the
language code itself rather than a language name.

--
Andrew Cunningham
e-Diversity and Content Infrastructure Solutions

andrewc+AEA-vicnet.net.au

Ph. 3-8664-7430
Fax: 3-9639-2175

http://www.openroad.net.au/