RE: [w3 i18n geo] Q&A: Setting Encoding in Web Authoring Application s

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003, Richard Ishida wrote:

> Jungshik wrote:
>
> > > When you
> > > save the document, select "File > Save as" and select the proper
> > > encoding from the Encoding dropdown list at the bottom. Be

> > under MS-DOS-based Windows (Windows 9x/ME). What you
> > described is only applicable to Notepad on Win 2k/XP. On

> Actually I thought it was only XP.

  Notepad on Win2k SP4 (it could have been different before SP4) offers
me 4 choices, 'ANSI'(the codepage of the default system locale), Unicode
(meaning UTF-16LE), Unicode Big Endian, and UTF-8. It might list more
encodings if I add support for other code pages. (I've just tested it
on Win2k with the minimal installation.)

> I seem to remember putting
> additional pressure on Xerox to allow me to move to XP several years ago
> to take advantage of that feature. Can anyone using Win2K verify that

  Well, Win XP was released in 2001, wasn't it? ;-)

  Jungshik