Re: New FAQ

Hello Richard,

My comments:

- In the long question ("What is the Document Character Set for HTML and XML,
   and how does it relate to the encodings I use for my documents?"), it would
   be good if we could somewhat style "Document Character Set" differently,
   to express that it is a standing term.

- What about using "History" instead of "By the way"? It will make it
   easier for people to decide whether they want to read this part or not.

- Change "(also known as Unicode)" to "(equivalent to Unicode)" or
   "(codepoint-by-codepoint equivalent to Unicode)". I agree with Russ
   that it's not the same, but we should also be careful not to give
   the impression that it is more different than it actually is.

- We (Richard and I, not the Task Force) have to come up with a clear plan
   how to avoid duplication of items, e.g.
   http://www.w3.org/International/O-HTML-charset.html and
   http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-doc-charset.html.
   We can put a reference from the former to the later.
   We can put a redirect in the .htaccess, and remove the former
   document (that would help to clear up the top /International
   directory). We have to think about what cross-link may get
   lost that would be worth keeping.

Regards,    Martin.

P.S.: I'm looking forward to this coming up in RSS.