Re: helios textpad

I am bummed. I was happier using my old version of textpad with utf-8 files
being treated as latin-1 then using the new version with its unicode support.

textpad, even though it has a dropdown for encoding in the open dialog box,
uses the font setting associated with the file extension (.txt, .html, etc.) to
determine the encoding. Their forum indicates people are complaining about it.

i can't open my utf-8 files because it complains that it doesnt have 1252
characters. I am playing with font settings but their forum says courier new
will default to utf-8, but it ain't happening for me.

What a disappointment. I am a big fan of textpad for many many years now. I
liked it better w/o unicode support.
ugh.

tex

Russ Rolfe wrote:

> I tried entering Hindi, and some surrogate pair characters and neither worked in Texpad.
>
> Russ

Making e-Business Work Around the World