RE: New version of: Setting encoding in web authoring application s

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Arko, Phil wrote:

Hi Arko,

> Mozilla/Netscape:  When I researched this, the application was branded as
> Netscape Composer (on the Netscape site). I tried to find this application
> at the Mozilla site, but there was no mention of it. Do you have a URL for a
> promotion page of the version you're talking about?

  Netscape (closed down on July 1x) is a Netscape-branded version of open
source (standard-compliant)  Mozilla browser(+ composer, email/news
reader, etc) based on embeddable Gecko engine. [1]  Mozilla (and related
products) has been, is and will be developeed by volunteers all around
the world. [2]

  The main web site for Mozilla and related products (firebird,
thunderbird, camino, bugzilla) is <http://www.mozilla.org>. Now
that Netscape division of Time-Warner(Time-Warner-AOL) was closed
down, presumably there will be no more version of Netscape.
Only Mozilla and related products will be continued. See also
<http://www.mozdev.org> for other extensions, projects and products
making use of gecko and xpcom technology developed at mozilla.org.

> Notepad: As I noted early in the article, the actual encoding options are
> often different between releases for various reasons, and so it's sometimes
> reasons). Instead, this is really just meant to tell people where to look to
> find the options.

  OK. That makes sense.

  Jungshik

[1] There are other browsers and applications that make use of
Gecko engine. Obviously, Netscape and Mozilla are two of them.

[2] Until this July,  tens of developers hired by Netscape division of AOL
worked on the project