Re: Q&A: control codes

Bjoern,

Thanks for this. I'll discuss with Martin. I believe it, but I don't see the
justification from the standard.

I created a test file and the W3C validator reports "reference to non-SGML
character" on C0 characters confirming what you say.

I am guessing the limitation derives from SGML rather than something explicit
in the html spec.

tex

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> * Tex Texin wrote:
> >Attached is my proposal for Q&A on C0 Characters.
> >
> >Feel free to email constructive comments before then.
>
> HTML 4 marks most control characters as UNUSED in the SGML declaration
> and are thus - according to Martin - invalid. The allowed c0 characters
> are CR LF FF and tab, just like in XML (except for the form feed
> character, of course).

Making e-Business Work Around the World