RE: This weeks Q&A

Hi Martin,

Thanks for putting this up.  Just a few ideas from a quick initial
reading.  I'll look at it again later.

-	I'm beginning to think we should standardise on (X)HTML rather
than X/HTML, which could be in some contexts be interpreted as XML/HTML.

-	maybe "as the page where the form was on."  -> "as the page
containing the form."

-	I think it may be good to more clearly state that you start by
using uft-8 for the encoding of your page.  I know that's there in the
logic, but as these are educational pages I think it will be good to
state it fairly obviously.

-	Instead of "There are various ways to do this, all <<described
here>>" , I'd prefer "There are <<various ways to do this.>> - helps the
person scanning find the info better.

-	"it is important that the browser gets told that the form page
is in UTF-8" -> "it is important to tell the browser that the form page
is in UTF-8"

-	the 'second' part begs the questions: [1] why wouldn't it be in
utf-8, if you'd specified that for the page, [2] what do I do if it
isn't utf-8 or correctly formed utf-8?

-	the version info is incorrect for some reason

-	the page is not served as UTF-8 !  Oops, perhaps we should have
run your Perl script on it ;-)  On a more serious note, perhaps we could
change the default encoding for pages in the geo directory so that they
are utf-8 unless otherwise specified.  Do you know how to do that?

Hth,
RI

Richard Ishida
W3C