This weeks Q&A and UXML doc

Comments arising from or about my work on
http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-bidi-controls.html:

[1]
the table in 3.3 lists only </xhtml:bdo> as alternative markup for PDF
and says "when used to terminate RLO or RLO only, otherwise ignore"

I believe you also have to use it to terminate RLE and LRE sequences
too, don't you?

[2]
The previous point may mean that I need to change my version of the
table.
I'm also thinking of adding the code points or at least putting them in
the same order as above.

[3]
create table headers, rather than just <th>text</th> - probably ought to
be changed on the next iteration.

[4]
Opera, of course, doesn't show the example of correct Hebrew correctly.
For the guidelines we agreed to provide pdfs to show that stuff
properly.  Perhaps we should do the same for Q&As that contain complex
scripts?

RI

============
Richard Ishida
W3C

tel: +44 1753 480 292
http://www.w3.org/International/
http://www.w3.org/People/Ishida/

If there are no strong objections to this course of action I propose the
following:
-	that we send comments on my new Q&A to the list asap
-	that we mop up remaining comments during tomorrow's meeting
-	that I publish Wednesday evening (or early Thurs am my time)
-	that we publish subsequent Q&A's on Wednesday evenings (since I
have been finalising edits at the beginning of the week lately, that
would be a good thing anyhow).

The last point would produce a publication schedule as follows:
1	announce new Q&A to the list Monday (latest, but as far in
advance as you like)
2	comment on list
3	discuss at Wednesday meeting
4	contributor makes changes based on feedback by Friday
5	RI and contributor consolidate changes and prepare on the site
Monday & Tuesday
6	publish on Wednesday

RI

Richard Ishida