RE: Internationalization and Accessibility Guidelines Joint TPAC Meeting

https://www.w3.org/events/meetings/c57f3fb1-b90c-4f08-8a9e-2b71e92f5b05/

From: Lisa Seeman <lisa1seeman@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2024 6:57 AM
To: Jan McSorley <mcsorleyjan@gmail.com>
Cc: group-ag-chairs <group-ag-chairs@w3.org>; public-i18n-core@w3.org; Julie Rawe <jrawe@understood.org>; John Kirkwood <kirkwood@citymouse.com>; Katy Brickley <katy.brickley@kcl.ac.uk>; philipptautz@googlemail.com; makoto.ueki@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Internationalization and Accessibility Guidelines Joint TPAC Meeting

when and where is the meeting?

On Thu, Sep 12, 2024 at 6:39 PM Jan McSorley <mcsorleyjan@gmail.com <mailto:mcsorleyjan@gmail.com> > wrote:

Dear i18n and AG working groups,

We noticed the i18n and AG working groups' joint meeting <https://www.w3.org/events/meetings/c57f3fb1-b90c-4f08-8a9e-2b71e92f5b05/>  at TPAC on Thursday, September 26th. Would it be possible to give us 3-5 minutes on your agenda so we can:

*        Describe how the new Internationalization Accessibility Community Group will support efforts to internationalize WCAG 3 and the next version of Making Content Usable

*        Encourage members of i18n and AG to join the community group (whose nickname is "global-inclusion")

*        Ask members of i18n and AG to help distribute our recruiting emails/social posts

Please let us know if we can share this information at your joint meeting and/or if there are other TPAC meetings where you think it would be helpful for us to try to recruit new community-group members.

Thanks very much,

Jan McSorley

Accessibility Consultant

512-731-7957 (mobile)

 <https://www.linkedin.com/in/janmcsorley> linkedin.com/in/janmcsorley

We put a man on the moon in the 1960's. Surely we can make information technology fully accessible to people with disabilities. It can be done. It must be done. It will be done!