Re: agenda+ Normalization in HTML and CSS

   hi Richard,

On 2022/08/25 20:18, r12a wrote:
> Erk! Perhaps i need to change my glasses. Yes, i was looking at the wrong line. Sorry.
>
> So why isn't the checker picking up the non-NFC attribute name?  I suspect it's because i used an NCR to write it (világ, so that i could see what i was doing, and find the example again later), and the checker code doesn't resolve those before checking.  Having said that, if NCRs are being used that's not really the use case we're checking for, because the encoding has been clearly exposed.  The checker is really looking for identical-looking items that are not the same underneath.

   I've created a test case [1] using "が" (hiragana, which is missing from NFC/NFD pairs in i18n-checker)
and "ガ", and confirmed [2] that:
- both character reference (&#xXXXX; form) and character itself of "ガ" worked for non-NFC checking (two are listed)
- missing NFC/NFD pair ("が") is not detected as non-NFC

*1 https://storage.himor.in/temp-W3C/test-css-nfc-nfd.html

*2 https://validator.w3.org/i18n-checker/check?uri=https%3A%2F%2Fstorage.himor.in%2Ftemp-W3C%2Ftest-css-nfc-nfd.html#validate-by-uri+