From: linkedgov@gmail.com [mailto:linkedgov@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Hadley Beeman
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2016 4:38 AM
To: Phil Archer <phila@w3.org>
Cc: Ralph Swick <swick@w3.org>; Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>; yaso@nic.br; deirdre@derilinx.com; adler1@us.ibm.com; Phillips, Addison <addison@lab126.com>
Subject: Re: I18N Objections concerning: RE: Transition Request: CR for Data on the Web Best Practices

That sounds fine with me. I'd like to also reiterate our apologies to Addison and I18N — given that more than half the active members of our group aren't native English speakers, your area is particularly important to us. I'm sorry we didn't engage in as timely a way as we might've. We will be interested to hear what comes from their review.

One more thing on the process, to Ralph's question. Our charter finishes at the end of July, and this new timetable would put us squarely in "needing an extension" territory. I hope that doesn't cause too much trouble on the W3C/W3M side of things?

Thanks all — grateful for your help in unraveling this. And Addison, I'm grateful for your help in improving our spec!

Cheers,

  Hadley