W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-core@w3.org > October to December 2015

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2016-12-10

From: <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 17:57:00 +0000
To: "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
Message-ID: <5670546C.7010001@w3.org>
http://www.w3.org/2015/12/10-i18n-minutes.html




text version follows:


Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

10 Dec 2015

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2015/12/10-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Addison, JcK, Richard

    Regrets
           Felix

    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           aphillip

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Info Share
      * [5]Summary of Action Items
      * [6]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    trackbot, prepare teleconference

    <r12a> addison, any progress?

    <r12a> eta?

    <scribe> ScribeNick: aphillip

Info Share

    richard: have a pretty complete set of tests for double byte
    encoding test sections

    <r12a>
    [7]http://www.w3.org/International/tests/repo/results/encoding-
    dbl-byte

       [7] 
http://www.w3.org/International/tests/repo/results/encoding-dbl-byte

    richard: so now we have to figure out what to do about these
    tests
    ... write more tests
    ... but one fairly urgent thing is
    ... PLH said 'can we put some stuff as excluded so can pub req
    sooner'
    ... need to ask the WG if that's okay
    ... also need more data
    ... also need to recharter at end of year
    ... list of missing tests exists

    <r12a> [8]http://www.w3.org/TR/encoding

       [8] http://www.w3.org/TR/encoding

    <r12a>
    [9]http://www.w3.org/International/tests/repo/results/encoding-
    sb-dec

       [9] 
http://www.w3.org/International/tests/repo/results/encoding-sb-dec

    richard: don't have tests for utf-16, x-user-defined, and
    replacement
    ... and dbcs labels
    ... nor tests for secitoin 9

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: send poll to member list on encoding
    spec CR handling [recorded in
    [10]http://www.w3.org/2015/12/10-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-485 - Send poll to member list on
    encoding spec cr handling [on Addison Phillips - due
    2015-12-17].

    richard: point to resolution of comments, issues list, list of
    tests
    ... working on integrating nightly browser builds to test
    results
    ... john, do you have opinion on encoding

    jck: disadvantages of splitting outweigh advantages

    <r12a> [11]http://r12a.github.io/apps/encodings/

      [11] http://r12a.github.io/apps/encodings/

    <r12a> [12]http://r12a.github.io/pickers/arabic/

      [12] http://r12a.github.io/pickers/arabic/

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison: send poll to member list on encoding
    spec CR handling [recorded in
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2015/12/10-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
Received on Tuesday, 15 December 2015 17:57:10 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 15 December 2015 17:57:11 UTC