I18N-ISSUE-505: intro discussion of diacritic matching [find-text]

From: Internationalization Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 15:15:12 +0000
To: public-i18n-core@w3.org
I18N-ISSUE-505: intro discussion of diacritic matching [find-text]

Raised by: Richard Ishida
On product: find-text

Intro has sentence:

--
Browsers do not typically match language patterns that may be found in non-Latin character sets, including collapsed Unicode character sequences, optional diacritical marks, or similar features, such as matching o to ó, ö, ø, and oe.
--

This seems problematic. Maybe this is a feature that is desirable? Some mobile implementations may do this.