From: Robert Sanderson [mailto:azaroth42@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 11, 2015 2:24 AM
To: Phillips, Addison
Cc: public-digipub@w3.org; public-i18n-core@w3.org; Web Annotation
Subject: Re: [DPUB-ANNOTATION-UC] 2.1.3 general observation about language identification [I18N-ISSUE-458]

Thanks again for the comments.

I agree that language metadata is important and that the set of use cases does not specifically include any metadata about the body or target resources.  That was somewhat intentional, so as to avoid trying to list out all of the possible descriptive features for resources, such as creator, creation time, language, file format, license or other rights statements, intended audience and so forth.  These are listed for the annotation itself, as the primary resource of interest.

In the Web Annotation data model, the language is explicitly included along with format and general class of the resource [1].  In the upcoming WD (next week [2]), we also add creator and creation time.  For language we refer to RFC 5646 as the value of the language property.  Is that sufficient to cover the requirements?

Many thanks,

Rob

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/annotation-model/#body-and-target-metadata

[2] http://azaroth42.github.io/web-annotation/model/wd/index-renamed.html