Re: [manifest] I18N review in progress

Thank you for the report.

Internationalization is clearly one of the major next milestones for the
Manifest. As long as it only contains simple properties like "name" or
"icons", i18n is a minor problem because often these properties are
fairly stable across locales - at least, even if we are aware of the
theoretical problem, we did not hear any feedback from developers.
Something they might do is to serve a Manifest depending on HTTP
headers.

However, when the Manifest will start to have more complex values like
maybe a web app description, it will require some i18n of some sort. One
solution we have been thinking about would be based on Mozilla's Open
Web App Manifest, see
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Apps/Build/Manifest#locales

What would you think of this solution on a i18n POV?

Cheers,
-- Mounir