I18N-ISSUE-420: no provision for indicating content language(s) ⓟ [WebVTT]

From: Internationalization Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 01:13:02 +0000
To: public-i18n-core@w3.org
I18N-ISSUE-420: no provision for indicating content language(s) ⓟ [WebVTT]

Raised by: Addison Phillips
On product: WebVTT

http://www.w3.org/TR/webvtt1

Generally in the document, I don't find a means for indicating the natural language of the content or spans of content.

Lack of language tags means that language-specific font selection or other processing may not be available for the text, leading to a substandard presentation.