I18N-ISSUE-405: clarify embedded image vs. character (editorial) ⓟ [utr51]

From: Internationalization Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 23:58:40 +0000
To: public-i18n-core@w3.org
I18N-ISSUE-405: clarify embedded image vs. character (editorial) ⓟ [utr51]

Raised by: Addison Phillips
On product: utr51

http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr51/tr51-1.html
Section 1 (Introduction)

There is this sentence:

--
Emoji may be represented internally by embedded images or as encoded characters, called emoji characters for clarity.
--

This doesn't actually clarify what "encoded characters" or "emoji characters" means here. Some illustration or further explanation is probably wanted. Also, "internally" is slightly misleading. Would it be better phrased as:

--
Emoji may be displayed as (sometimes quite colorful or even animated) graphics or they may be represented by normal glyphs encoded encoded in fonts like other characters. These latter are called emoji characters for clarity.