W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-core@w3.org > April to June 2012

[minutes] i18n telecon 2012-04-25

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 18:04:27 +0100
Message-ID: <4FA1691B.5030907@w3.org>
To: "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
http://www.w3.org/2012/04/25-i18n-minutes.html




Text version:


Internationalization Core Working Group Teleconference

25 Apr 2012

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2012Apr/0005.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2012/04/25-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Addison, Richard, Norbert, Koji, David

    Regrets
           Mati, Aharon, Felix

    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           Addison Phillips

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Agenda and Minutes
          2. [6]Action Items
          3. [7]Info Share
          4. [8]Quick Review of an Issue From Our Issue List
          5. [9]Bidi Article and IRI Bidi Guidelines
          6. [10]Encoding Document
          7. [11]Rechartering
          8. [12]AOB?
      * [13]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

Agenda and Minutes

Action Items

    richard: quick review of an issue on our issue list

    action-74: slated for pub next tuesday-ish

    <trackbot> ACTION-74 Prep charmod-norm for publication and
    coordinate with richard notes added

    <r12a> [14]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [14] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    close ACTION-116

    <trackbot> ACTION-116 Send email to our list about our need to
    recharter and our desire to do so under Patent Policy so that
    we may publish REQ track documents again with implications,
    process, etc. closed

    close ACTION-117

    <trackbot> ACTION-117 Send note about encoding document well
    before tuesday about approach, etc. closed

Info Share

    <r12a> [15]http://www.flickr.com/photos/ishida/

      [15] http://www.flickr.com/photos/ishida/

    JLReq was published in book form

    looking at publishing as ebook

Quick Review of an Issue From Our Issue List

    <r12a> [16]http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/open

      [16] http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/open

    <r12a>
    [17]http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/open?sort=prod
    uct

      [17] http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/open?sort=product

    <r12a> [18]http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/147

      [18] http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/147

    close ISSUE-147

    <trackbot> ISSUE-147 [css3-syntax] CSS escape sequences closed

Bidi Article and IRI Bidi Guidelines

    no comments this week

Encoding Document

    [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2012Ap
    rJun/0023.html

      [19] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2012AprJun/0023.html

    [20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2012Ap
    rJun/0027.html

      [20] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2012AprJun/0027.html

    [21]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2012Ap
    rJun/0029.html

      [21] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2012AprJun/0029.html

    norbert: concerned that it's too ambitious
    ... doesn't allow extensions
    ... doesn't consider other user-agents
    ... some, like search engines, do things differently
    ... or have more extensive collection of encodings
    ... also the problem of font-based encodings
    ... not addressed
    ... a document that describes issues and then has open-ended
    approach would be more useful
    ... than "here's the standard and there's nothing else"

    addison: do we forbid "encodings not listed"

    richard: is it likely for this WG to take up this work?
    ... and what issues do we have with the document?

    norbert: need a call for participation

    1. need call for participation to ensure that there is critical
    mass to complete this work

    2. need to consider modifying the approach to ensure successful
    completion of this work

    3. think I18N WG is the correct home for this work and we are
    willing to host it (dependent on charter)

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: send email to richard, copy member
    list, describing our support for encoding document effort and
    expressing our concerns [recorded in
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2012/04/25-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-119 - Send email to richard, copy
    member list, describing our support for encoding document
    effort and expressing our concerns [on Addison Phillips - due
    2012-05-02].

Rechartering

    richard: need to start assembling the charter

AOB?

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison: send email to richard, copy member list,
    describing our support for encoding document effort and
    expressing our concerns [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2012/04/25-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]




-- 
Richard Ishida
Internationalization Activity Lead
W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)

http://www.w3.org/International/
http://rishida.net/
Received on Wednesday, 2 May 2012 17:04:52 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:23:08 UTC