Re: [I18N-ACTION-116] I18N Rechartering Needed

Hello All,

Myself  Dr. Somnath Chandra , from W3C India and looking after the internationalization activity. W3C India strongly believe that rechartering of  Internationalization Core Working Group. W3C India Also strongly believes  that this group should have the capacity to produce recommendation track documents. This is eesential because , of the momentum of the growth of multilingual web and internet. The recommendations also need to have capability to be submitted bodies like ISO.
In India we have 22 Indian Languages and Internationalization is our core focus. Many of the W3C standards in the speech and Mobile needs to incorporate the multilingual requirements  so that they can be adopted inbuilt in the standard.

With best regards,
Somnath

--
Dr. Somnath Chandra