IRI Reviews (was: Re: [minutes] i18n telecon 2012-04-04)

Hello Richard, others,

Many thanks for helping out reviewing the IRI specs. This is great help
highly appreciated.

However, as far as I have seen (see below), you seem to want to start
with the bidi spec. Unfortunately, I don't think this spec is ready for
review, because some really major issues are not settled yet.
(see http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/iri/trac/ticket/121 and the
discussion on the mailing list that can be reached from
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-iri/2012Mar/0075.html and
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-iri/2012Apr/0000.html).

It would be extremely helpful to have your excellent expert's (Mati's
and Aharon's) input on this and other bidi problems we are wrestling
with, but I do not think that a two-week review is the best way to do
that. Both Mati and Aharon are on the IRI WG list, and of course any
input from them is welcome at any time!

Also, please note that the newest document is currently
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-iri-bidi-guidelines-02, and the
newest one can always be reached at
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-iri-bidi-guidelines.

Our other documents, in particular
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-11
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-iri-comparison-01
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-iri-4395bis-irireg-04
are much farther advanced and would benefit more from an I18N review.

Hope this helps.   Regards,   Martin.