From: Internationalization Core Working Group Issue Tracker [mailto:sysbot+tracker@w3.org]
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2011 7:08 PM
To: public-i18n-core@w3.org
Subject: I18N-ISSUE-145: text-transform: full-width explanation [CSS3-text-prep]

I18N-ISSUE-145: text-transform: full-width explanation [CSS3-text-prep]

Raised by: Richard Ishida
On product: CSS3-text-prep

2.1. Transforming Text: the ‘text-transform’ property http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-text/#text-transform

I don't understand this. If you map to decomposition mappings the characters are no longer full-width, right? How can your example abbr:lang(ja) { text-transform: full-width;  convert the ASCII characters in abbreviations in Japanese to their fullwidth variants so that they lay out and line break like ideographs?