Re: I18n and Linked Data - an important (but fixable) omission?

On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 10:28:00AM -0700, Karen Coyle wrote:
> We could probably handle this the same way we handle the issue of
> "libraries, archives, museums, and other cultural and memory
> organizations" -- by adding a note to the scope in which we define
> URI as including IRIs where appropriate, but using URI throughout
> the document because that's the most common terminology.

I added this parenthetical comment into Scope [1]:

    (While this report follows common practice in emphasizing URIs, readers
    should note the increasing role of Internationalized Resource Identifiers
    (IRIs) [2] as multilingual Web addresses [3] that support non-Latin
    scripts.)

For the benefit of non-LLD-XG members: The Scope statement is at the top of the
report [4].

Is everyone happy with this wording and these references?

Tom

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Scope&diff=6324&oldid=6261
[2] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3987
[3] http://www.w3.org/International/articles/idn-and-iri/