RE: [css3-lists] Remaining feedback on the module

Thank you for updating the ED, Tab. Here're some feedbacks from me.

** 4.3.4. The Japanese "spoken-out" counter styles
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-lists/#japanese-counter-styles

* Digit 0 is U+3007, not U+96F6 for both "japanese-informal" and "japanese-financial".

** 13. Appendix A: Required Predefined Counter Styles
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-lists/#ua-stylesheet

* The "suffix" property for "cjk-decimal" and "fullwidth-decimal" is U+3001. Japanese uses U+3001 or U+FF0E, and Chinese uses U+3001, U+FF0C, or U+FF0E (if I understand correctly), so the choices are U+3001 or U+FF0E. I would prefer U+3001. I don't know which Chinese people prefers though.

* Are we dropping "cjk-ideographic" which was in CSS 2.0? It would be ideal if the value can map to "*-informal" depending on language tag.

* I can't find CJK predefined counter styles in this section. Is this because you haven't determined how to define the "type" property for these styles? I think we have to add values like "chinese" or "japenese" here because their algorithms are different. I understand some people do not like scripts/language names appearing as value names, but I don't know what else options we have. Other possibilities I can think of are:
- "cjk-japanese", "cjk-simp-chinese", etc.: no differences?
- make the value name descriptive for each algorithm, like "cjk-remove-all-zero-and...": I think this is preferred method in CSS, but I don't know if we can come up with good names in this way.

> 8. Should I allow custom negative signs to be defined?  Right now all
> the numeric styles just use hyphen-minus.  Do any languages require a
> different negative sign?

Yes, please. Fullwidth counter styles want to use U+FF0D FULLWIDTH HYPHEN-MINUS instead. This is not only for visual consistency but also helps them look better in vertical text flow.

I'd also like to use a string of four characters ("マイナス", U+30DE, U+30A4, U+30CA, U+30B9, meaning "minus" in Japanese) for Japanese counter styles and relax the restriction "not defined for negative numbers". It's true that there's no formal way to describe negative numbers in ideographic number styles, but displaying positive numbers in ideographic and negative numbers in Arabic digits doesn't look good. Some people said we could use "▲" U+25B2, but I think it's too specific to financial world.

Regards,
Koji