Re: [css3-text] script categories, 'bicameral', 'discrete', Unicode links and more

Leif Halvard Silli wrote:

> If we include history when we evaluate scripts, then it is even
> questionable whether Latin and Greek are bicameral scripts since there
> are no "bicameralism" in e.g. the Greek sources for the Bible.

Again I come back to my previous point: if what the spec is trying to
address is line-breaking and justification behaviour, coming at it from
nominal script categorisation seems like a basic confusion of
categories. We can get hung up on all sorts of concepts within
grammatology, when really we don't need to if we instead start by
defining line-breaking and justification behaviour types, and then look
at how these map to individual scripts (with appropriate caveats or
exceptions re. language, locale, style). That makes much more sense to
me than starting by trying to categorise scripts according to unclear
and non-discrete criteria and then trying to map these to line-breaking
and justification behaviours. Start with the function.

JH