FW: [SMIL3.0] i18n comment 9: Define matching algorithm using RFC 4647, case handling in matching

-----Original Message-----
From: tmichel@w3.org [mailto:tmichel@w3.org]
Sent: 24 October 2007 14:21
To: Richard Ishida
Cc: www-smil@w3.org
Subject: Re: [SMIL3.0] i18n comment 9: Define matching algorithm using RFC
4647, case handling in matching

 Dear Richard Ishida ,

The SYMM Working Group has reviewed the comments you sent [1] on the Last
Call Working Draft [2] of the Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language
(SMIL 3.0) published on 13 Jul 2007. Thank you for having taken the time to
review the document and to send us comments!

The Working Group's response to your comment is included below.

Please review it carefully and let us know by email at www-smil@w3.org if
you agree with it or not before 02 nov 2007. In case of disagreement, you
are requested to provide a specific solution for or a path to a consensus
with the Working Group. If such a consensus cannot be achieved, you will be
given the opportunity to raise a formal objection which will then be
reviewed by the Director during the transition of this document to the next
stage in the W3C Recommendation Track.

Thanks,

For the SYMM Working Group,
Thierry Michel
W3C Staff Contact

 1. http://www.w3.org/mid/20070830201424.410E64F018@homer.w3.org
 2. http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-SMIL3-20070713/

=====

Your comment on 4.3.2 Elements and Attributes:
> Comment from the i18n review of:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-SMIL3-20070713/
>
> Comment 9
> At http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/0708-smil30/
> Editorial/substantive: S
> Owner: AP
>
> Location in reviewed document:
> 4.3.2 systemLanguage

[http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-SMIL3-20070713/smil-content.html#adef-systemLa
nguage]

> Comment:The "systemLanguage" element's matching algorithm doesn't deal
> with case sensitivity properly. It should refer to RFC 4647 Basic
> Filtering.

Working Group Resolution (LC-1823):
We will change the wording of this section to refer to RFC4647 basic
filtering.

----