Re: comments from a cursory look at WD-ws-i18n-20050914

Hi eric, taking public-i18n-core into the loop,

Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:
> 3 Data Structure for SOAP Documents
> [[
> SOAP documents that need to send international preferences SHOULD
> reference the SOAP Feature described by this document and include the
> <international> block in a header. When sent from the requester to a
> provider, the header represents the preferences of the requester or
> its client application. When sent in a response message from the
> provider, the header represents the settings that the service used to
> process the request.
> ]]
>
> s/in a header/in a SOAP header/ # would clarify for the casual reader
> (slackers like me), as would
>
> <soap:header>
>   <i18n:international soap:mustUnderstand="..." soap:actor:"...">
>   </i18n:international>
> </soap:header>

Hi Eric,

Many thanks for these comments!

> 3.3 The TZ (Time Zone) Element
>
> Are Olson IDs a known quantity?

yes, but you are right if you say we should say s.t. about them.

 Can I send <tz>America/San_Diego</tz>
> to you and know you'll understand it? The reference didn't make me
> confident of that.
>

> 4 Data Structure for WSDL Documents
> [[
> WSDL documents describe the capabilities and configuration of a
> service.
> ]]
> I'd say "WSDL describes the messages and invocation parameters of a
> web service."

o.k.

> [[
> The policy that governs the operation of a particular service is
> implemented as a WSDL Property:
> ]]
> What's the current state of features and properties?

We have something in the current draft, but the subsequent work on the
draft will probably go in a different direction.

> 5 Examples
> [[
> Here are some document examples:
> ]]
> If it's a "document example", I'd make up a service and write down the
> entire xml document. That's good for the folks who learn best by
> example.

good idea.

> This is an interesting step. Has W3C defined any headers before?

not that I know of.

Is it
> worth defining an equivilant HTTP Extension? Probably not -- unless I
> can convince more of the REST world that their salvation lies in HTTP
> Extensions.

I agree.

Thanks again,

Felix