Re: [CDR Framework] i18n comment: Language identification for child documents

Hi Felix,

On 2/7/06, Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org> wrote:
> The i18n core working group discussed this. We don't think that if you
> have a document with an xml:lang CDR referencing another document without
> an xml:lang or other authoritative indication of language, you would
> necessarily need heuristics.

It seems to me that you'd necessarily need heuristics if you wanted to
know the language of the referenced document but weren't provided any
authoritative information about it.

> Concerning Bjoern's question on what is the
> target of this requirement, IMO (not the i18n core wg) although CDR is
> meant to be language-independent, you should state s.t. about the expected
> or (even better) desired behavior for XML based languages.

And that expected/better behaviour would be what?

Cheers,

Mark.
--
Mark Baker.  Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA.       http://www.markbaker.ca