Re: Comments on behalf of the i18n-core-wg

On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 01:55:35AM +0900, Felix Sasaki wrote:
> Dear members of the xml-query-wg and the xsl-wg,
>
> We, the i18n-core-wg, have reached consensus on our last telecon on
> several of the comments we recently submitted to Bugzilla. Following a
> proposal from Liam Quin, we have assembled them in this mail. You will
> find other comments in
> file:///c:/users/felix/reviews/qt-suite-20050404/qt-review-overview.html
> and in the bugzilla system. Please check whether these are old comments
> for which you already had a resolution. If this is the case, then just
> give us a short notice on the resolution and state the comments as
> RESOLVED. We will continue the discussion of the comments on the next
> i18n-core-wg telecon which is 25 May.

First, thank you for your comments.

We (XML Query WG and XSL WG) have asked the people submitting comments
to use Bugzilla.  I did say that an email note would be helpful,
but I was hoping for something like
    issue 1736 - withdrawn
    issue 1737 - confirmed as an issue as sent
    issue 1792 - withdrawn
    issue 1795 - confirmed as an issue, but text will be changed
                       [i.e. i18n will update the bugzilla entry]

(where 1736 is a bugzilla number I made up for the purpose of this
message.)

Such a message would have helped the chairs prepare the agenda for
today's face to face meeting at which we were discussing the last call
comments.  The actual mail you sent did not include the issue numbers;
if you send more messages, it would help us to be able to be certain
which of the comments in the mail relates to which issue.

Please also note that each specfication has an accompanying issues list,
so you can see how we responded to your previous comments by looking at
the resolutions recorded in those issue lists.

The last call period for the specifications on which you are commenting
is over, and the 25th of May is very late.  The Query Working Group will
run out of other Last Call comments to process, and will be waiting for
I18N in order to proceed.  You're on our critical path.

We do all agree that we want to produce specifications that work for all
languages and cultures, and that the reviews you are doing are very
important to help us make sure we achieve that. Is there anything we can
do to help you get your review comments to us sooner?

Thanks,

Liam (writing for the XML Query and XSL Working Groups)

http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/