Re: Are list counters upright in vertical CJK text?

On 2017/01/20 03:25, r12a wrote:

> I'm looking for your advice. I'm planning to soon send an article out
> for wide review, but i have a specific question that first needs an
> answer, if possible.
>
> The article is
> Styling vertical Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Mongolian text
> https://w3c.github.io/i18n-drafts/articles/vertical-text.en
>
> The specific question is: Should list counters be upright? (And if so,
> how to do that in CSS?)
> see https://w3c.github.io/i18n-drafts/articles/vertical-text.en#lists

In Japanese, there's an interesting convention sometimes used, namely to
"number" all the items with "一" (Kanji for one). My personal English
reading in this case is "one - and another one - and another one - ...".
It might be helpful if this convention can be applied to a list
automatically.

Regards,   Martin.