Re: [css-ruby] The default value of ruby-align is undesirable for bopomofo

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 1:29 AM, Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On 01/14/2015 09:12 PM, Xidorn Quan wrote:
> >
> > There are justification opportunities between bopomofo characters, just
> > like other Chinese/Japanese characters. But if we have
> > "ruby-align: space-around" on them, we will get an undesirable result,
> > because bopomofo is generally centered when in annotations.
>
> Just want to confirm, are you sure there should be justification
> opportunities between Bopomofo characters, or are you saying so
> because current impls do so?

I discussed this with Bobby on Twitter, and he thought bopomofo should be
justified like ideographic characters in theory. [1] But I don't know. I'm
fine with either way.

Maybe we should check with Unicode folks about whether bopomofo should
behave like ideographic characters in this case.

[1] https://twitter.com/bobtung/status/555534386901184512

- Xidorn