Re: [css-ruby] Tone mark of bopomofo in ruby

About light tone position, Richard may forward my opinion here. We do not have conclusion right now, but respect dictionaries' layout and the guidebook by MOE, even authors input character by this order:

ㄇㄧㄠ˙ 喵

Ruby tag should be

by a generator or tools like Apple's Pages on Mac.

And about Layout Engine / OpenType. My opinion: there are four major render engine: gecko, trident, WebKit and blink. But a lot of font foundries and fonts.

If we have consensus it's not a layout engine issue. I'll try to talk with font foundries to support the feature, but take longer.

And the tone marks are in Latin extension I remember. So we may face fallback issue.

WANDERER Bobby Tung
Sent from my iPhone.