Re: Bopomofo Ruby layout hack

On 21/12/2013 08:50 , 川幡 太一 ( Taichi KAWABATA ) wrote:
> should be split to multiple ruby such as ::
>
> <ruby>
>    <rb>你</rb>
> </ruby>
> <ruby>
> </ruby>
> <ruby>
> </ruby>
>
> If that would cause some problem, then you should clarify how such
> problem may be caused by the use-case.

Actually, unless I'm missing something (which is certainly possible!) I
don't see that it would require being split into multiple <ruby>
elements. Normally, the above is equivalent to:

<ruby>
   <rb>你</rb>

</ruby>

And in fact, relying on both the tag closing and the pairing algorithm
it can be shortened to:

<ruby>
   你
   <rt>ㄌㄧˋ
   <rtc>Lí

   敢<rb>有
   <rtc>ㄍㆰˋ<rt>ㄨ˫
   <rtc>kám-ū

   聽<rb>著
   <rtc>ㄊㄧㆩ<rt>ㄉㄧㄜㆷ̍
   <rtc>thiann-tio̍h
</ruby>

Admittedly, it could be more readable to actually use more elements —
but that's an author's choice.