Re: Ruby extension: empty ruby text

On 25/02/2013 23:31, fantasai wrote:
> One thing I had suggested was to do the somewhat
> confusing thing and make the <ruby> start tag
> optional. This shortens markup slightly to

> instead of (for the same DOM):

However, if you do that as a matter of course, and then someone comes
along and wants to style the whole page so that, say, all base text is
hidden for accessibility reasons, then they wont be able to style the
initial base text in each ruby element.  I think it's better to
recommend that each item in a ruby element start with either <rb>, <rt>
or <rtc>.

RI

--
Richard Ishida