RE: [css3-writing-modes] css-logical (was before/after terminology alternative?

+1 to discuss again, although I don't think they're new information. Head/tail has some semantic problems not only in Japanese but globally because of its ambiguity as Liam pointed out, and that was already identified in my understanding.

But it's true that more perspectives were provided at ML than we discussed at conf call. So far, opinions we see are:

1A. before/after are hard to understand
1B. not hard to understand

2A. before/after needs to memorize which axis it indicates
2B. head/tail doesn't better describe axis, should use other terminologies if this is the motivation

3A. Against any changes because of backward compatibility with XSL-FO and TTML
3B. terminology changes are ok as long as models are compatible
3C. the compatibility is lower priority than improving

4A. Split logical directions as it is too controversial at this point and the demand is lower than other features in writing-modes
4B. splitting doesn't make sense

Did I miss any opinions?

Regards,
Koji