From: Ishii, Koji a | Koji | EBJB [mailto:koji.a.ishii@mail.rakuten.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2012 11:31 AM
To: Tab Atkins Jr.; Glenn Adams
Cc: Koji Ishii; Asmus Freytag; MURAKAMI Shinyu; Sylvain Galineau; "Martin J. Dürst"; liam@w3.org; koba; www-style@w3.org; fantasai; public-i18n-cjk@w3.org
Subject: RE: [css3-writing-modes] css-logical (was before/after terminology alternative?

> From: Tab Atkins Jr. [mailto:jackalmage@gmail.com] On Wed, Oct 10,
> 2012 at 6:19 PM, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:
> > Due to my own fault, I failed to object at the time the WG made that
> > resolution. At this point, I will need to raise an FO unless it can
> > be agreed to revert that earlier decision. Which is easier? Doing an
> > FO process or reverting?
>
> Given that you'll apparently object to Koji's suggested compromise as
> well, it doesn't matter very much.

Is he? He objects to change, and he doesn't seem to object to keep discussing to me.

The value of having logical directions in writing-modes spec isn't high. There has been a wish to have logical properties back in future, so the level 1 can contain just directions, and the level 2 may be able to cover logical properties too.

Neither FO nor reverting is workable for everyone. I can see postponing logical directions is the only workable solution.

Regards,
Koji