RE: Examples of double-sided ruby (was RE: Feedback for rb from html5j.org (was RE: HTML5 and ruby

> If the discussion has nothing to do with the representational
> form of the historical, traditional ruby in Japanese typography,
> I can agree with part or whole of your discussions.

We need to have some discussions on ruby-style representation at this point, since 1) although I expect someone to invent a good and new representation form for the web, it's hard to discuss semantics without any actual representations in mind, and 2) it's still nice that the semantics supports tradition as one of the possible representation forms.

But still the goal of markup is to define a good semantics for annotations, and to come up with markup that encourages such invention. I hope you understand that.