Re: [css3-text] Does text-transform:fullwidth transform U+0020 SPACE characters as well?

On 02/16/2011 12:03 PM, Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu wrote:
> (11/02/17 4:33), fantasai wrote:
>> [snip]
>> I am not sure if text-transform: fullwidth should affect U+0020. It makes sense to me
>> either way.
>
> I tried some examples and found it weird to have U+0020 in between two fullwidth
> Latin characters. I'll be interested in seeing a real world example and its use
> case. Perhaps I am missing something.

It is potentially a very significant change to implementations to have U+0020
change to U+3000 because this will require that text-transform happens after
white space collapsing. Right now implementations can do either: they can
transform before or after white space collapsing. So I think we should make
sure that this is needed in real-world cases before we make this change. Note
that U+3000 has very different behavior from U+0020 -- it is not just a visual
change. It has different line-wrapping behavior, it has different justification
behavior, and it is not affected by the 'word-spacing' property.

~fantasai