Re: [css-text] Arabic letters connecting between elements with display: inline

On 14-05-22 06:06 PM, Asmus Freytag wrote:
> On 5/22/2014 2:43 PM, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
>> On 14-05-22 05:24 PM, Asmus Freytag wrote:
>>> What software support joining (other than color) today?
>> Android platform (not the browser), and GNOME desktop both do.
>>

> Can you share a screen shot?

Here are the slides of my 2004 Unicode Conference talk.  See page 16 for example:

  * In the slides, I've used color to highlight letters, while preserving shaping:

  http://behdad.org/download/Publications/persiancomputing/slides_acro.pdf

  * In the print version, I've used bold font to do the same:

  http://behdad.org/download/Publications/persiancomputing/a007.pdf

Surely not the most typographically correct way to do it.  But anything other
than preserving joining would have been just wrong.

And attached is a sample from Pango with one letter using a bold font.  Same
comment as above applies.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/