Re: [html-bidi] WD plans

On 08/02/2013 02:51, Jens O. Meiert wrote:
> Briefly, regarding <http://www.w3.org/TR/html-bidi/>:
>
> The whole document looks more like a Working Group Note than a
> specification/recommendation to me—can somebody share what makes it a
> specification? Or am I misunderstanding the W3C Process here?

Read the status section ;-)  "The Working Group expects this Working
Draft to become a Working Group Note."  What made you think it was a
recommendation?

> Then, is this actually being worked on, did either the WHATWG or the
> W3C HTML WG comment on this?

Most of the ideas recommended in the WG were picked up and implemented
by HTML and CSS WGs.  We have a plan to finalise and publish this
document as a historical record when the final details wrt HTML5 support
are ironed out (so that we can complete the subsections that describe
what was actually implemented).

RI

--
Richard Ishida