Re: [css3-images] rtl/ltr annotation

On 03/23/2012 02:18 PM, Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu wrote:
> (Cc+ public-i18n-bidi)
>
> (12/03/22 11:47), fantasai wrote:
>> Hi Kenny,
>> The CSSWG resolved today to defer the rtl/ltr image annotations to Level 4
>> so that we can address your comment.
>>
>> This issue is currently filed as Last Call comment 37:
>>    http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-images/issues-lc-2012#issue-37
>>
>> And I've now refiled it as ISSUE-232 against CSS4 Images:
>>    https://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Tracker/issues/232
>
> That's fine by me, although I have to say I feel somewhat guilty as I
> didn't expect that my casual comment on a feature I am not likely to use
> throughout my life would lead to this result.

Please don't feel guilty. They were very good observations! And should help
to make these features more usable for the people who need them.

> May I ask you to keep this feature in the CSS4 Images draft so that the
> bidi community can point the relevant part to implementers if they are
> interested in implementing this experimentally?

Don't worry, we'll be pulling that (and element()) into the CSS4 Images
draft as soon as CSS3 Images reaches CR. :) We don't want to drop the
feature, we just want to make sure we get it right.

~fantasai