3.8 <input type="text"> and <textarea> should support interoperable "set direction" functionality -- just a quick question (Was: RE: Implementation status of "Additional Requirements for Bidi in HTML)"

Hi, Aharon, all; sorry I am still slowly responding to/the online status document (but am nearly fihished):

> 3.8 <input type="text"> and <textarea> should support interoperable "set direction"
> functionality
> Bug 10821 filed on HTML5.
> Proposes specifying that when the user agent user interface allows the user to set the direction
> of <input> and <textarea> elements, it will set the element's dir attribute value accordingly
> and trigger the oninput event after the dir attribute has been set.
> HTML5 changed as proposed. In fact, the change includes that the user agent “should allow the
> user to change the writing direction of the element”. However, the change is only applied to
> inputs of type “text” and “search”.
> Close the bug?
ME:  Perhaps close this bug then; on what other inputs would you have this change apply?
Passwords?  Perhaps it should apply to those.  Certainly not to selection inputs (checkboxes, radio boxes) I assume.

(I am sorry to ask this but -- I have not dealt with other inputs myself; hopefully this is my last question; in any case thanks for the online status document with links to the bugs filed)

Best,

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar@hotmail.com