Re: per-paragraph auto-direction, a.k.a. dir=uba

Whether the default behavior of <textarea> should / can change is a separate
question. But to achieve this more limited goal without running into the
problems described above, we could allow dir=uba on just two elements:
<textarea> and a new element that we could call <textareadiv> or perhaps
<plaintext>. The latter would be just like a <pre> except that:

   - It would not allow mark-up (in the same way that <textarea> does not
   allow mark-up).
   - It would have the same script-accessible properties as <textarea>,
   including a settable value property.

In other words, it would be the output counterpart of <textarea>. In terms
of CSS, dir=uba would result in unicode-bidi having the new value "uba"
(which is only allowed on <textarea> and <plaintext>); the element would
inherit direction as normal, but its effect under unicode-bidi:uba would be
limited to when the content is completely neutral.

Aharon