Re: [CSS21] bidi, text-align, and list markers

On 06/05/2010 07:55 AM, Adil Allawi wrote:
>   Hi Tex,
>
> Indent , padding, and margin are already confusing from an rtl
> perspective :) From experience, a good rule is that "left" must always
> mean "left" regardless of the bidi direction otherwise code will become
> too confusing to read. As part of another thread -  we should discuss
> the definition of direction dependent indent settings to simplify this
> issue. e.g a with-flow indent.

The 'text-indent' property is already defined to be direction-dependent.

As for margins and paddings, there is an extensive discussion on how
to handle this occurring right now on www-style. If i18n wants to provide
a document explaining use cases for such controls, I am sure it will be
well-received--but for technical details, I would suggest either joining
the existing discussion on [css3-text-layout] and start/end/before/after,
or waiting until that topic results in a FPWD (which should be within 4
months or so), and commenting on that.

~fantasai