Re: [CSSWG][css-text-3] Last Call for Comments on CSS Text Level 3

On 12/5/18 6:25 PM, fantasai wrote:
> The CSS WG has published an updated Working Draft of the CSS Text Module Level 3
> and is issuing a last call for comments prior to requesting transition to CR.
>
>      https://www.w3.org/TR/css-text-3/
>
> This module contains various typesetting properties not related to font
> selection, such as alignment, line breaking, white space collapsing,
> text justification, and other forms of text-level spacing adjustments.
>
> This update completes the handling of all comments received during the 2013 Last
> Call period and up through today. A Disposition of Comments can be found at
>    https://drafts.csswg.org/css-text-3/issues-lc-2013
>
> The CSSWG requests review of the draft and the changes. If no further comments
> are received, we expect to transition the draft to Candidate Recommendation
> in two weeks, thus the deadline for comments or requests for extended time to
> review is Wednesday 19 December 9:00am Pacific Standard Time.
>
> Please review the draft, and send any comments to the CSSWG mailing list,
> <www-style@w3.org>, prefixed with [css-text-3] (as I did on this message)
> or (preferably) file them in the GitHub repository at
>    https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues
>
> (Note that requests for new features are being deferred to Level 4.
>    https://www.w3.org/TR/css-text-4/
> This is just a request for review of the existing features in Level 3.
> Comments on Level 4 are of course also welcome; please file appropriately.)

CSSWG has updated the draft on /TR with the following changes:

   * Some minor cleanup (largely editorial, some minor wording fixes
     that better clarify the interaction of properties) of the
     line-breaking section. See changesets in response to
       https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2559

   * Dropping percentage values of 'word-spacing', as we are likely
     to define them differently in Level 4 to satisfy some important
     use cases. See discussion in
       https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2165

~fantasai