[minutes] Arabic layout telecon 2016-09-13


text version follows:

                          Arabic layout telecon

13 Sep 2016

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2016/09/13-alreq-irc


           mostafa, Shervin, r12a




      * [3]Topics
      * [4]Summary of Action Items
      * [5]Summary of Resolutions

    <Shervin> [6]https://github.com/w3c/alreq/pull/67

       [6] https://github.com/w3c/alreq/pull/67

    Shervin: This PR uses <figure> tags, fixes validation errors,
    but not warnings.
    ... Most of the warnings are for alt texts of the images that
    are control characters.
    ... Then I applied HTMLTidy and removed style attributes from
    ... I see Richard has a PR in the same line.

    Richard: I saw your changes. They are good.
    ... I added some figure captions and used flex box for aligning
    the images.
    ... It is more powerful than floating.

    +1 to both PRs. Great.

    Shervin: Merging PR #68 from Richard.
    ... I have another change (not sent for PR yet).
    ... This separates topic keywords and other notes from actual
    texts by putting them into “note” boxes.

    Richard: I had an action item to change topic keywords into
    section titles.
    ... That shoul cover for it.

    <Shervin> ACTION Shervin to replace note divs with issue divs
    for the editorial text in the docs

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-64 - Replace note divs with issue
    divs for the editorial text in the docs [on Shervin Afshar -
    due 2016-09-20].

    Shervin: I can send my current changes as PR, and we can remove
    them once Richard changes topic keywords to section headings.

    Richard: +1


       [7] https://github.com/w3c/alreq/wiki/Draft-for-


       [8] https://github.com/w3c/alreq/wiki

    Mostafa: I finished the text of the justification.
    ... The text is at first draft and the images are temporary..
    ... But it is ready for review and feedback.



    <Shervin> ACTION Richard Expand the topic keywords into section

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-65 - Expand the topic keywords into
    section headings [on Richard Ishida - due 2016-09-20].

    Shervin: Action-59 is done.


      [10] https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1125905/Screen Shot 
1395-06-23 at 20.27.53 .png

    Shervin: Re action-62, I did research on InDesign. Do I need to
    work on Tasmeem as well?

    Mostafa: No. I got most of the information I wanted from
    Tasmeem’s user’s manual.

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]

Received on Wednesday, 14 September 2016 18:21:52 UTC